Thursday, November 19, 2009

'While you were out...'

As a few of you know Toben was gone for 6 days and my saintly mom and Aunt Marcia decided I needed a project... well actually I think they needed a project but it was a good way for me to deal with any negative energy or emotion at being a single mommy for 6 days! :)  SO while Toben was away we had some FUN!  My 40 year old bathroom was in desperate need of some updating and updating is what we did, (thank you craigslist)!  Wish I had a better before picture to show you but here are a few snapshots of the during and after, a HUGE thank you to everyone who pitched in and provided some skills I didn't have...

Ugly 40 year old sinks and fixtures---buh-bye


My dad and uncle Ray removing the dreadful sinks


"saint" marcia removing old paint from the trim and molding


My saintly mother taking over kid duty


Paint, yeah!  I've been wanting to do that for 7 years now!


Layna getting 'in' on the action, new hardware and drawer liners (the little things make a bit difference!)





I really enjoy my new bathroom and Toben was very surprised!  It was a fun project but alot of work, I think next time I'd send a kid or two with Toben :)  Everything from the floor to the ceiling was either new or completly redone so I feel like I'm in a brand new bathroom, the kids even call it the "new" bathroom.  I was very impressed that Morgan and Lauren were able to keep it a secret, they were bursting at the seams to tell him.  Morgan was talking to him on the phone Wed to find out what time he would be home, when Toben told her she said "Uh-Oh Mom, he's coming home" and about dropped the phone, he knew something was up but didn't know what!  Again a HUGE thank you to everyone for your help, I couldn't have got it done without you!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

The "new" bathroom looks great. You all did an awesome job!

Mindy said...

looks great! i wish i could remember what it looked like before. what color were the walls?