Morgan and Lauren dressed up for their Thanksgiving program at school. Lauren was the youngest with a speaking part and ironically the only one you could actually hear... no fear of public speaking in that child! I think it's supposed to be a bonnet on Lauren's head...
WOW! Can't believe how fast time goes by. That last entry feels like forever ago! Shortly after Toben returned from hunting Sara and Andrew were here from London for a week to enjoy Thanksgiving with us. This was a wonderful time that was very busy and went way too fast but a great start to the holiday season! I hate that Sara and Andrew live so far away but probably makes us appreciate them all the more when they are here :) (Plus when they are here we seem to eat too much and drink too much wine, is it them or just an excuse?!)
Mmmm, mashed potatos! We enjoy cooking all together when Sara and Andrew are in town, it's a day long event!
Got the men right where we want them! They are actually both great in the kitchen! (Andrew and Toben in picture, did you make it through customs with that beard Andrew?)
Thanksgiving was followed quickly by Morgan's 7th birthday! No, I can not believe I have a 7 year old already, where does the time go?! Can't believe I had her when I was only 20..... or something like that. We had a small party with the DeVree side to celebrate Morgan's birthday and cousin Lillian's 3rd birthday.
Let's not forget Christmas decorating! Morgan and Lauren had been asking to put the Christmas tree up since the first of November, I told them we had to wait until Thanksgiving was over, you guessed it, day after they woke up asking to put the tree up! I was one of those black friday crazies so did not get home until almost noon. Thankfully Toben put the tree up and plugged in the lights, the extent of his decorating help :) He then swiftly took off to hunt while I wrangled the ornaments, decorations and four children and the 'treats' that go along with decorating the house! It WAS a fun afternoon, love those cozy days with Christmas music playing in the background, we're a regular Normal Rockwell picture. We even did a gingerbread house for the first time ever! I'm still confused as to the purpose of these sugar coated candy wasters but hey, it was fun! We only experience one injury that day... I'll let you guess what that was after the next picture....
Yup, bad mom moment, took a picture and as soon as I went to remove the ball from her mouth she bit down and sliced her mouth :( On the bright side she has not touched the tree again and any of you who know her KNOW that's a feat, she is into EVERYTHING! The latest being the fireplace or the shower (when I'm in it!), she's a sneaky one, I was showering this morning and suddenly feel something on my leg, look down and there she is, purple fleece sleeper and all grinning like a mad woman, can't do anything but laugh, and maybe not close my eyes while in the shower anymore....
Moving all ornaments to higher ground
Ok, this is the blog entry of all blog entries so I'm going to wrap it up, mainly because Layna is awake now and Lauren is done doing her slave labor (you might all get Christmas cards after all, she stuffed 50 of them) and I want to reheat my coffee for the fourth time today. Which leads me to a question for all of you moms out there, when is a cup of coffee no longer coffee? how many times can you reheat it and still consider it safe for human consumption? Things that make you go hmmmmm
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! As for the coffee question, I don't think there's a limit. I'll actually run another pot of water through the original grounds and then continue to reheat that throughout the day and I'm just fine. :-)
Just catching up on your blog, I think I have to start adding to mine so it reminds me to check yours. Great pictures, I forgot about Andrew's beard...
Update soon please!
Post a Comment